EVA Pre-Procedure Instructions
- Take 5 pellets of Arnica™, 3 times per day, for 5 days prior to the procedure. Place pellets under the tongue and allow them to dissolve in your mouth. Arnica™ is a homeopathic medicine which has been shown to reduce pain, bruising and swelling after the EVA procedure.
- Take one 500 mg Bromelain tablet twice per day, for 5 days prior to the procedure. DO NOT TAKE Bromelain, if you have a Sulfa allergy.
- Your normal medications may be taken on the morning of your procedure along with a light breakfast. You may eat and drink normally before the procedure. However please avoid alcohol and caffeine containing products.
- Please do not take blood thinners for 1 week prior to the procedure. Please check with the physician who prescribed your medication to verify that you may discontinue this medication for this period of time. Please inform the physician performing the EVA procedure of any health problems, allergies experienced and/or medication you are currently taking. Tetracycline or Minocin should be discontinued for 10 days before and after the procedure.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that can be worn over the stockings after the procedure. Please bring a warm pair of socks with you to keep your feet warm prior to the procedure. Please do not wear sandals to the procedure.
- We have a compression stocking service onsite to ensure you are measured and fitted with the correct type and size of stockings. Accurately fitted stockings are essential to ensure success of the procedure.
- Please read the enclosed post procedure instructions (page 8) prior to your procedure. Please bring your stockings to your follow-up appointments. Have someone accompany and drive you home after the procedure.
Endovenous laser ablation (EVLA) is also known as endovenous laser treatment (EVLT). The two terms are interchangeable and refer to the same treatment.
Disclamer: Free consultation only applies to Canadian residents with valid health insurance (eg OHIP) / VEINSonline.COM / Privacy Notice